Chamonix Mont-Blanc, France
18 – 21 January, 2019
1/2 double: 360€
Single room: 460€
Children 12 to 16: 270€*
Children 3 to 11: 185€*
Children < 3: Free*
*Sharing room with two adults.
Trip Captain: Kyle & Rachel Kouri
- PSC Bus Transportation to/from Patch
- Amazing cable car to the Aiguille du Midi
- Welcome drink
- 3 Night in 3-Star Hotel Aiguille du Midi
- 3 Breakfasts/2 Dinners
- Free unlimited WiFi access.
- Spa & sauna
- Transportation to nearest ski lift.
- State-of-the-art lifts and cable cars
- Excellent off-piste
- Amazing cable car to the Aiguille du Midi
- Skiing the famous Vallée Blanche
- Beautiful scenery/Stunning views
- Other resorts covered on extended lift pass, including sunny Courmayeur
- Attractive town center and mountain villages
- Vibrant, fun nightlife
- Skiing to suit all standards
- Fabulous view of the Mont-Blanc mountain range and the Bossons Glacier.
Overview of Chamonix Ski Resort
Chamonix has been famous for centuries thanks to its proximity to Mont Blanc, towering above the town. Western Europe’s highest peak (4807m), first attracted summer climbers, then for the past century every serious snow sports fan has wanted to ski Chamonix, drawn to the world’s biggest lift-served vertical and the planet’s longest ski run, the spectacular Vallee Blanche.
There are half-a-dozen separate ski areas along the valley, three of them ‘local’ to Chamonix itself. So advanced skiers seeking the resort’s many challenges, or same-ability groups of intermediate standard or above looking for a lively resort will get the most from ‘Cham’.
From the dramatic glaciers and peaks of the Aiguille du Midi and Grands Montets to the gentle rolling slopes of the Domaine de Balme, each unique skiing area in Chamonix has something different to offer skiers and boarders. One thing’s for certain, skiing in Chamonix is unlike skiing any other French resort. It’s variety on and off the slopes are almost guaranteed to keep you sufficiently entertained during your stay.
These ski areas are only accessible with the Mont Blanc Unlimited Ski Pass and it’s worth the extra cost. Chamonix’s Mont Blanc Unlimited Ski Pass provides skiers with access to not just the best and most challenging runs in Chamonix France, but also Courmayeur Italy and Verbier Switzerland.
Look again at the size of the Mount Blanc ski area – over 700 km of pistes. Mont Blanc itself is the tallest mountain in Europe west of the Urals and Chamonix can claim to be the birthplace of modern winter sports since it hosted the first Olympic Winter Games in 1924.
The 5 major regions to Ski Chamonix:
Charmonix is not only known for its premier ski and snowboard areas but also for its night life with a multitude of hopping apres ski opportunities.
Après Ski in Chamonix
Chamonix’s reputation as one of the world’s premier skiing destinations also extends to its après ski scene and nightlife. As a relatively large town with a sizable perennial population, there is nothing contrived and touristy about a night out in Chamonix and there’s a seemingly endless choice of different drinking establishments in which to top off yet another epic day on the slopes.
- While there are bars at the base of each of the different ski areas where you can enjoy an early après beer in the sun, most of the action takes place in town.
- There is no shortage of activities whether you’re a skier or non-skier. The Tourist office is located just behind Place Balmat and have loads of flyers on stuff to see, written in English
- Besides the ubiquitous clubs and restaurants, there’s a cinema, casino, more than enough coffee and cake places.
Hotel Alguille du MIDI
With views of Mont Blanc, this time-tested hotel is a 2-minute walk from the Gare SNCF Les Bossons railway station, 4 km from the center of Chamonix and 7 km from the Golf De Chamonix golf course.
There’s an outdoor swimming pool, a sauna and a hot tub, plus meeting space, a lounge/bar and a fitness room. An on-site restaurant serves classic French fare. Other amenities include a terrace, garden, playground and tennis court.
Winter Ski Passes
1 pass, 3 countries to ski and discover Chamonix in total freedom. Information
Enjoy all the ski areas of Chamonix from 1000 to 2500 m altitude. Information
To Join the Trip Online:
Download a Trip Application (Top Right Corner) fill it up, sign it and email a copy to: email@example.com<
To make a Payment by Bank Transfer to the PSC Community Bank Account use the following data:
Patch Ski Club
Transfer Details: Kaprun+Last Name, First Name